Civil Engineering Department, Nuclear Division, Baden, Switzerland
To improve efficiency in operation and maintenance in the power plant Beznau we work on a Digital Twin. The models enriched with non-geometrical information are connected to SAP and will allow the user a “street-view-tour” through the power plant. To help the users from operation and maintenance planning their missions in the power plant we want to show them the permanent radiation hot spots in the power plant. The concept of the radiation hot spot includes in minimum the following parts:
- Stakeholder Analyses
- First draft of a visualization in the Digital Twin environment
- First draft of an app (i.e. Power App) for the radiation protect team to handle the hot spot
- Short summary of the concept (benefits, challenges, risks, costs for implementation, …)
- Strongly interdisciplinary thinking
- Interest in automation
- Basis Knowledge of programming are recommended
- Basis Knowledge in Data Science are recommended
- Experience in radiation protection are an advantage
- Good speaking and writing skills in English.
- Good speaking and writing skills in German are an advantage
You will have the opportunity to work alongside nuclear experts and apply your academic and research background in real industrial applications. In this project you will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid mode (office work in main headquarters in Baden and home-office). Depending on the outcome of the project, the internship could be extended and/or a master thesis topic could be proposed.
Axpo Power AG offers 18 internship proposals for the Summer 2024.
Please, apply online using the following link by 21.02.2024
In your online application you can specify for which of Axpo’s projects you are interested in.
A selection day will follow at beginning of March at Axpo’s HQ.