Asset Management Department, Nuclear Division, Baden, Switzerland
The nuclear power plant Leibstadt is in the middle of a fascinating digital transformation. We are currently implementing a state-of-the-art software solution that stands as the pinnacle in monitoring and diagnostics (M&D) for Nuclear Power plants. As a master student in Nuclear Engineering, you'll play a pivotal role in proving the software's capabilities for fault detection and localization in the steam cycle. Work alongside M&D experts, analyze plant historic and operation data, and predict potential issues in a proactive "Minority Report" style. Join us to shape the future of nuclear power and be part of this exciting transformation. This unique position offers you the chance to be at the forefront of nuclear engineering, making a significant impact on the safety and efficiency of our plant operations.
- Resilient-passionate-doer, in that order.
- Nuclear Engineering Expertise: A strong foundation in nuclear engineering principles and a thorough understanding of the steam cycle.
- Software coding proficiency, ideally Python.
- Languages: English and/or German at C1 level or above. German is the main language at the nuclear power plants; If you speak it, your life will be easier.
- Ideally a driving license to be able to reach the plant via Axpo’s mobility EVs (alternatively public transport is available but limited).
You will have the opportunity to work alongside nuclear experts and apply your academic and research background in real industrial applications. In this project you will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid mode (office work in main headquarters in Baden and home-office). In addition, you will do regular visits at the Leibstadt nuclear power plant. Depending on the outcome of the project, the internship could be extended and/or a master thesis topic could be proposed.
Axpo Power AG offers 18 internship proposals for the Summer 2024.
Please, apply online using the following link by 21.02.2024
In your online application you can specify for which of Axpo’s projects you are interested in.
A selection day will follow at beginning of March at Axpo’s HQ.