Beznau NPP Reactor and Safety Department, Nuclear Division, Beznau, Switzerland
Within this project, you will work at the Beznau nuclear power plant and you will be involved in the activities of probabilistic analyses for the Safety Department of the plant. More specifically, this internship project will include the following activities:
- Use state-of-the-art methodology of internal flooding analysis
- Calculate pipe rupture frequencies based on isometric drawings of pipes
- Determine flood propagations paths, based on plant walkdowns
- Implement risk relevant internal flooding scenarios in probabilistic safety assessment model
- interest in operation of a nuclear power plant
- detail oriented
- probabilistic safety analysis
You will have the opportunity to work alongside nuclear experts and apply your academic and research background in real industrial applications. In this project you will have the opportunity to work at the Beznau nuclear power plant (with home-office option). Depending on the outcome of the project, an internship extension could be offered.
Axpo Power AG offers 18 internship proposals for the Summer 2024.
Please, apply online using the following link by 21.02.2024
In your online application you can specify for which of Axpo’s projects you are interested in.
A selection day will follow at beginning of March at Axpo’s HQ.