In this project the student will have the opportunity to work within the Digital and Innovation team of Axpo’s nuclear division. The project includes the following tasks:
- Investigate new opportunities to innovate and push radiation protection to the next level
- Dive into the possibilities of improving radiation protection measures to prioritize workplace safety.
- Enter the world of tech excitement by getting hands-on with the integration of advanced radiation sensors into the Spot robot, paving the way for straightforward 3D radiation monitoring.
- Shake up the status quo of manual measurements in controlled areas with the Spot robot, ushering in a new era of automation.
- Streamline the process by setting up an automated system, bidding farewell to the days of manual measurements and paperwork.
- Pragmatic Thinking: Apply practical solutions to challenges.
- Data Analysis and Python Programming: Interpret data and develop algorithms for anomaly detection.
- Excellent Communication: Collaborate with industry partners for project success.
- Experience in radiation protection is highly desired
You will have the opportunity to work alongside nuclear experts and apply your academic and research background in real industrial applications. In this project you will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid mode (office work in main headquarters in Baden and home-office). Depending on the outcome of the project, the internship could be extended and/or a master thesis topic could be proposed.
Axpo Power AG offers 18 internship proposals for the Summer 2024.
Please, apply online using the following link by 21.02.2024
In your online application you can specify for which of Axpo’s projects you are interested in.
A selection day will follow at beginning of March at Axpo’s HQ.