Axpo Power AG
Internship: Further development of the organization of the design basis documentation
Department: Safety Department, Leibstadt NPP, Leibstadt, Switzerland
Axpo is driven by a single purpose – to enable a sustainable future through innovative energy solutions. As Switzerland's largest producer of renewable and nuclear energy and an international leader in energy trading and the marketing of solar and wind power, we combine the experience and expertise of more than 5000 employees driven by a passion for innovation, collaboration and impactful change. Through cutting-edge technologies, we innovate to meet the evolving needs of our customers in over 30 countries across Europe, the US and Asia.
Kernkraftwerk Leibstadt (KKL) is engaged in a multiyear effort to document the design basis information for the plant and its constituent systems. To provide easy access to this Design Basis Information responding to the needs of various Plant staff, it is useful that design basis information be captured in a retrievable database, in order to be useful to the KKL engineers that must apply the information.
For the development of this database (3-month internship), KKL is searching for a motivated student from the Nuclear Engineering Master Program. The goal is to built up a database model for one pilot system and later on, easy use for the KKL staff to implement further systems, system design information.
- Knowledge of the design process and the corresponding guidelines
- Database/code programming skills (MS Access, “.NET-Framework”)
- Can work independently and approach tasks with critical thinking
- Written and spoken fluency in German (communication with other departments), also written and spoken fluency in English (the bases documents are in English)
You will have the opportunity to work alongside nuclear experts and apply your academic and research background in real industrial applications. In this project you will have the opportunity to work at the Leibstadt nuclear power plant. The duration of the project is restricted to a 3-months summer internship.
Axpo Power AG offers 12 internship proposals for the Summer 2023.
Please, apply via email to Dr. Dionysios Chionis (email@example.com) until 28.02.2023 by submitting:
- your CV,
- a short motivation letter,
- your Master program grades (1st semester at EPFL), and
- a list of the Axpo internship proposals that you are interested in.