The FREMES (FreeReleaseMEasurementSystem) soil measurement system evaluates a large number of gamma spectra for uranium by applying specialised software to them in an automated way. Your task is the conversion of this process to the simultaneous analysis of the nuclides Co-60 and Cs-137, as well as the correct parameterisation and an extensive test of the new algorithm. The test will be planned and carried out on available real and simulated measurement data and should ensure reliability in the application.
You are basically familiar with gamma spectrometry and its evaluation. Under professional guidance, you are able to independently plan and carry out the automatic evaluation of a large number of measurement files and have the corresponding computer skills. You proceed with appropriate care and accuracy. Knowledge of software development is an advantage, but not absolutely necessary.
What we offer
- Mobile working and flexible working hours
- Varied activities and new challenges every day
- Clients and colleagues from all over the world
- Organisational and financial support during the internship
- Possibility of starting a career after completing your studies or dissertation
Organisational: Dr. Bienia, Harald.Bienia@nukemtechnologies.de
Technical: Dr. Scheuermann, Frank.Scheuermann@nukemtechnologies.de www.nukemtechnologies.de